Who We Are
We are an engineering advisory firm with a focus on R&D, software development, and technology integration. We approach all problem statements from a unique engineering perspective and deliver a broad range of services including: software development, management consulting, and strategic advisory services to accelerate product development from concept to commercialization.
We combine our science, engineering, and management consulting expertise to build software, integrate systems, and deliver research and development optimizations that empower our clients to better compete in their industry.
Who You Are
You are an experienced Project Manager who supports the implementation of various information technology and business process improvement projects in a client-facing capacity. You can’t wait to get out of the day-to-day grind of implementation work and focus instead on contributing to the overall health and strategy of the PMO and establishing tools and processes to support your department’s efforts.
You bring deep technology and business expertise in the cloud applications space and have led multiple technology projects including large-scale ERP projects, systems integrations, or infrastructure (network, cloud/compute, and security) implementations.
You are eager to manage the deployment and retention of consultants on technical projects, including communication with and support of active consultants to ensure everything runs smoothly. You will directly support sales team members and their corresponding clients to ensure project expectations are met and additional opportunities can be identified.
Work closely with sales and clients to:
- Define the business case and project statement of work or high-level requirements.
- Identify internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify measurable project objectives and related success criteria.
- Prepare summary budget and milestone schedule.
- Identify project approval requirements.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Establish the project organization by selecting appropriate staffing for the project including managing active consultants.
- Develop a detailed project plan through coordinated efforts of the team involved in the project, considering the Work Breakdown Structure, sequence of activities, and resources/duration estimates.
- Plan and estimate costs to determine the project budget and monitor it over the entire duration of the project.
- Oversee, monitor, and control project work to accomplish project activities.
- Inspect and accept project deliverables.
- Lead multiple efforts in a portfolio and/or a program simultaneously, effectively managing cross-project dependencies.
- Client Success: Actively communicate with appropriate client contacts to resolve any and all issues for the deployment or active work of consultants.
- Consultant Success: Support consultants with any and all legal, operational, or logistical issues related to their deployment through ePeak.
This role would be ideal for an experienced consultant or technical solutions professional who has worked extensively with customers.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional IT and business work experience out of which 7 years is in leading large-scale ERP and other B2B/B2C business applications projects, transformation initiatives, process improvements, system integrations, and infrastructure (network, cloud/compute, and security) implementations.
- Experience in at least one full lifecycle ERP implementation is desired.
- Sound foundational knowledge of IT systems, architecture, and the latest IT industry trends to objectively align with the project’s technical requirements and audit the feasibility of desired outcomes.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills to oversee tasks and motivate/encourage the team to successfully deliver the project without having any direct authority.
- Familiarity with general onboarding and offboarding processes for contractors.
- Effective at negotiations and managing conflicts with team members, vendors, and executive stakeholders.
- Expertise in the gathering, documentation, and dissemination of technical requirements.
- PMP Certification Strongly Preferred.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple overlapping projects, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Detail and process orientation is essential to succeed.
- Problem solving and team building skills are required.
- EXCELLENT written and verbal communication skills absolutely required for this role.
This role will follow a hybrid schedule with a mixture of remote and on-site in our Chicago office. As a company, we follow a hybrid model which includes two (2) remote days/week. We are located across the street from Oak Street Beach in the Gold Coast neighborhood of Chicago. In addition to a beautiful work environment, we offer full benefits, vacation time, paid holidays, and on-site gym membership. We do not offer a relocation package at this time. Applicants must reside within commuting distance of our office.
Due to the nature of our clients’ work environments; we can only consider US Citizens or Green Card Holders at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to pursue, please apply with an updated resume. We are actively interviewing qualified candidates and looking to hire immediately.
If you know anyone who may be a fit for this role, please pass along this job description as we would love to talk to them!
NO 3rd Parties please!