Who We Are
We are an engineering advisory firm with a focus on R&D, software development, and technology integration. We approach all problem statements from a unique engineering perspective and deliver a broad range of services including: software development, management consulting, and strategic advisory services to accelerate product development from concept to commercialization.
We combine our science, engineering, and management consulting expertise to build software, integrate systems, and deliver research and development optimizations that empower our customers to better compete in their industry.
Who You Are
You are an experienced HR professional with experience in a professional services environment. You have dealt with the onboarding of both internal and external resources, managed complex documentation, and resolved time-sensitive logistical issues.
We are looking for someone to ensure the alignment of our HR processes including talent management reviews, performance management, compensation, leadership, and employee development with business operating goals.
This is a dynamic role involving managing back-end HR processes while ensuring successful onboarding of technical professionals onto customer projects. You have worked for smaller companies where attention to detail is paramount and are excited to drive growth and process improvement.
The Human Resources Manager will own the following functions at ePeak:
- Internal HR: Full employee lifecycle including onboarding, offboarding, employee relations, payroll setup, benefits administration, documentation collection, and answering questions or resolving related issues.
- HR Operations: Onboarding our project-based technical professionals and resolving all ongoing issues. Setting up our firm with new customers and making sure that all the appropriate contracts are signed.
- Recruitment: Assisting with internal recruiting activities, including job postings, for our organization.
- Customer Success: Actively communicate with appropriate customer contacts and corresponding technical professionals to ensure successful onboarding and deployment.
- Payroll Support: Support the validation and processing of payroll for deployed consultants and employees, including troubleshooting any payment-related issues.
This role would be ideal for someone with 5-8 years of hands-on HR experience in a professional services environment.
- 5-8 years of direct, hands-on Human Resources experience in the HR generalist role.
- 1-2 years as HR manager preferred in a small business, growing environment.
- Must have experience and desire to focus on Recruiting activities.
- Must have experience with benefits administration and insurance setup.
- Must have experience with employee and contractor onboarding including handling I-9 processing and all supporting documentation.
- Must be an expert across all Microsoft Office products, including Excel.
- EXCELLENT written and verbal communication skills absolutely required for this role.
This is an on-site role at our Chicago office with regular business hours. We are located across the street from Oak Street Beach in the Gold Coast neighborhood of Chicago. In addition to a beautiful work environment, we offer full benefits, vacation time, paid holidays, and on-site gym membership. We do not offer a relocation package at this time. Applicants must reside within commuting distance of our office.
Due to the nature of our clients’ work environments; we can only consider US Citizens or Green Card Holders at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to pursue, please apply with an updated resume. We are actively interviewing qualified candidates and looking to hire immediately.
If you know anyone who may be a fit for this role, please pass along this job description as we would love to talk to them!
NO 3rd Parties please!