Who We Are:
We are a management consulting and engineering advisory firm with a focus on R&D, software development, and technology integration. We approach all problem statements from a unique engineering perspective and deliver a broad range of services including: software development, management consulting, and strategic advisory services to accelerate product development from concept to commercialization.
We combine our science, engineering, and management consulting expertise to build software, integrate systems, and deliver research and development optimizations that empower our clients to better compete in their industry.
Who You Are:
You are a seasoned HR professional with experience in a consulting or professional services environment. You have managed back-end HR processes and dealt with the onboarding of both internal and external resources, handled complex documentation, and resolved time-sensitive logistical issues.
We are looking for someone to ensure the alignment of our HR processes with the business operating goals which include performance improvement evaluations, the creation of compensation packages, and leadership and employee development. You will be the primary owner of employee benefits administration and will partner with benefit brokers and vendors while handling system setups and integrations of plans and enrollments.
You are excited to be a team of 1 and desire to be the best you can be while learning along the way. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about driving growth and process improvement.
The HR Generalist will own the following functions at ePeak:
- Internal HR: Full employee lifecycle including onboarding, offboarding, employee relations, payroll setup, benefits administration, documentation collection, and answering questions or resolving related issues.
- HR Operations: Onboarding of our project-based contractors and resolving all on-going contractor issues. Setting up our firm with new clients and making sure that all the appropriate contracts are signed.
- Process Improvement: Researching and developing new procedures as requested and maintaining employee handbook, policies and procedures
- Client & Consultant Success: Actively communicate with appropriate client contacts and corresponding consultants to ensure successful onboarding and deployment.
- Payroll Support: Support the validation and processing of payroll for deployed consultants and employees, including troubleshooting any payment-related issues.
This role would be ideal for someone with 5-8 years of hands-on HR experience in the staffing or consulting industry, or a professional services environment. Candidates must have experience in the following areas:
- 5-8 years of direct, hands-on Human Resources experience in a HR generalist role.
- 1-2 years of HR experience preferred in a small start-up environment.
- Employee and contractor onboarding including handling I-9 processing and all supporting documentation.
- Benefits administration and insurance set up including orientation, enrollments, monthly billing, and providing assistance to employees as needed.
- Creating and distributing internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, or company policies.
- General understanding of Federal and state employment laws with specific knowledge of where to research and find information regarding existing and proposed employment laws and regulations.
- Expertise across all Microsoft Office products, including Excel.
- EXCELLENT written and verbal communication skills absolutely required for this role.
This role will follow a hybrid schedule with a mixture of remote and on-site work in our Chicago office. We are located across the street from Oak Street Beach in the Gold Coast neighborhood of Chicago. In addition to a beautiful work environment, we offer full benefits, vacation time, paid holidays, and on-site gym membership. We do not offer a relocation package at this time. Applicants must reside within commuting distance of our office.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications, and how the candidate scores through each step of our interview process.
Due to the nature of our clients’ work environments; we can only consider US Citizens or Green Card Holders at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to pursue, please apply with an updated resume. We are actively interviewing qualified candidates and looking to hire immediately.
If you know anyone who may be a fit for this role, please pass along this job description as we would love to talk to them!
NO 3rd Parties please!