Who We Are:
We are a management consulting and engineering advisory firm with a focus on R&D, software development, and technology integration. We approach all problem statements from a unique engineering perspective and deliver a broad range of services including: software development, management consulting, and strategic advisory services to accelerate product development from concept to commercialization.
We combine our science, engineering, and management consulting expertise to build software, integrate systems, and deliver research and development optimizations that empower our clients to better compete in their industry.
Who You Are:
You are an Accounting professional with a related academic degree who has experience working in a consulting or professional services environment. You have dealt with managing all aspects of accounting from payroll to tax compliance.
You are a sharp individual with expertise in managing all financial processes including: general ledger, bank and payroll reconciliation, payroll processing, AP, AR, invoicing, monthly/quarterly/year-end closing, financial reporting, forecasts, and budgeting. You possess leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting skills, and work proactively to drive results.
You will manage all Accounting processes while advising on financial analyses and decision-making to ensure consistent and stable company growth. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail is paramount and are excited to develop and improve accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
- Manage GL accounting and reconciliations, AP, AR, payroll, and month-end/year-end close
- Manage bank and treasury functions, including the banking relationship
- Financial reporting, creation of revenue/expense forecasts, and support related to budgeting
- Participate in the ongoing development/improvements of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies
- Monitor internal control frameworks and risk
- Overall management, guidance, and advisement on any processes related to Accounting and Finance
- Own the financial records
This role would be ideal for an Accountant with 8-10 years of Accounting experience, preferably in the consulting or professional services industry.
- 8-10 years of experience in an Accounting role
- Strong experience managing invoice processing and reconciliation, bank reconciliation, and payroll processing and reconciliation
- Experience in financial reporting, forecasting, and budgeting
- Hands-on experience with accounting software, e.g. QuickBooks, Intact, NetSuite, Xero
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Accounting/Finance degree is preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- EFFECTIVE written and verbal communication skills are absolutely required for this role.
This role will follow a hybrid schedule with a mixture of remote and on-site work in our Chicago office. We are located across the street from Oak Street Beach in the Gold Coast neighborhood of Chicago. In addition to a beautiful work environment, we offer benefits, vacation time, paid holidays, and on-site gym membership. We do not offer a relocation package at this time. Applicants must reside within commuting distance of our office.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications, and how the candidate scores through each step of our interview process.
Due to the nature of our clients’ work environments; we can only consider US Citizens or Green Card Holders at this time. Thank you for your understanding.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to pursue, please apply with an updated resume. We are actively interviewing qualified candidates and looking to hire immediately.
If you know anyone who may be a fit for this role, please pass along this job description as we would love to talk to them!
NO 3rd Parties please!